Trading Idea: Is Yahoo! Breaking Out?
Published on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 06:16 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) closed the session at $19.52 just above calculated resistance at $19.16. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) is a global Internet media company that offers Internet services to users, advertisers, publishers, and developers worldwide. The company owns and operates online properties and services and provides its advertising offerings and access to Internet users through its distribution network of third-party entities, as well as offers marketing services to advertisers and publishers. Yahoo owns the second largest internet search engine and provides email services to its users.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $14.65 and resistance at $19.16. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Yahoo's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Yahoo! is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $19.16 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Hold Investor Conference Call to Discuss Partnership with Roche
- Roche and Inovio Pharmaceuticals partner on Inovio's prostate cancer and hepatitis B immunotherapy products
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Malaria DNA Vaccine Demonstrates Robust Immune Responses in Animal Models
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Reports 2013 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals Responds to Market Activity
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Potent hTERT DNA Cancer Vaccine Shows Potential to Reduce Tumors and Prevent Tumor Recurrence
- Synthetically Optimized HIF-1 Alpha DNA Delivered with Inovio's Electroporation Technology Provides Significant Therapeutic Effects for Peripheral Arterial Disease in Animal Model
- Inovio's CELLECTRA® Electroporation Delivery Technology Powers Durable, Best-in-Class T-Cell Responses from HIV Vaccine in Human Study
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals' Universal H7N9 DNA Vaccine Protects 100% of Vaccinated Animals in Challenge Study
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines