AK Steel Broke Resistance
Published on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 08:12 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS) closed the session at $4.28 just above calculated resistance at $4.21. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS), through its subsidiaries, produces flat-rolled carbon, stainless, and electrical steels, and tubular products primarily in the United States and internationally. The Company produces coated, cold rolled, and hot rolled carbon steel for the automotive, appliance, construction, and manufacturing markets. AK Steel also cold rolls and aluminum coats stainless steel for customers in the automotive industry.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $3.42 and resistance at $4.21. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring AK Steel's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that AK Steel is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $4.21 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- CSX Named To Dow Jones Sustainability Index For Third Consecutive Year
- Mid-Atlantic Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
- CSX Corporation Chief Financial Officer to Address Citi's 2013 U.S. and European Industrials Conference
- Critical Alerts For Starbucks, SunPower, CSX, Groupon, and Tyson Foods Released By InvestorsObserver
- National Gateway Completes Phase One Clearance, Applauds Partners
- CSX and Environmental Defense Fund Fellow Foster Innovation, Promote Energy Savings
- CSX Awards Northwest Ohio Community with Partnershipping Award
- CSX Acquires Eastern Associated Terminal in Tampa
- Critical Alerts For CSX, Broadcom, Groupon, Sears, and Organovo Released By InvestorsObserver
- Tuscola Industrial Rail Park Receives CSX Select Site Designation
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines