New York, December 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS) closed the session at $4.28 just above calculated resistance at $4.21. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS), through its subsidiaries, produces flat-rolled carbon, stainless, and electrical steels, and tubular products primarily in the United States and internationally. The Company produces coated, cold rolled, and hot rolled carbon steel for the automotive, appliance, construction, and manufacturing markets. AK Steel also cold rolls and aluminum coats stainless steel for customers in the automotive industry.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $3.42 and resistance at $4.21. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring AK Steel's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that AK Steel is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $4.21 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Allstate, American Football Coaches Association Name 22 College Football Players to the 2013 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®
- Allstate Named To 2013 Working Mother 100 Best Companies
- Allstate's Drivewise® Hits One Billion Miles Driven: Expansion Continues
- Allstate Publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, "Knowledge Applied"
- What Life Insurance Can Do For You
- Protect Your Stuff At School
- Allstate to Present at Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- The Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion® is Set to Celebrate Family in Orlando Aug. 29 - Sept. 2
- Brownsville Remains Texas' Safest Driving City
- Visalia Leads All California Cities on 2013 "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report™"
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines