New York, December 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP) closed the session at $60.03 just above calculated resistance at $59.95. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP) is a health benefits company. The Company provides health, dental and vision benefits, pharmacy benefits, life insurance, and life and disability insurance benefits. WellPoint operations include Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $53.69 and resistance at $59.95. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring WellPoint's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that WellPoint is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $59.95 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Lockheed Martin Hosts Fifth Annual Day Of Service
- Lockheed Martin Successfully Launches First LRASM Boosted Test Vehicle from MK 41 Vertical Launch System
- U.S. Air Force Ready to Launch Third Advanced Extremely High Frequency Satellite Built by Lockheed Martin
- Lockheed Martin Named To The 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index
- GPS III And OCX Satellite Launch And Early Orbit Operations Successfully Demonstrated
- F-35: Lifting The UK's Economy
- Lockheed Martin Named One of Top Worldwide Companies for Climate Change Management
- Lockheed Martin To Enhance Transoceanic Air Traffic Management For FAA
- AEHF Expands Global Communications For Allied Missions; Netherlands Makes Call On Protected Communications Satellite
- LONGBOW LLC Receives $51 Million Contract For Republic of Korea Apache Radar Systems