Is Exxon Close to Support?
Published on Monday, 24 December 2012 08:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM) finished near calculated support at $85.06.
The biggest U.S. energy producer closed at $87.23 leaving shares at a level that will spark interest by traders wanting to start or add to a position in the stock.
Exxon's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $85.06 and by the resistance level at $92.50.
The area where we expect for buyers to materialize is defined as calculated support. A stock trading near its support level might see a lift, if it provides the necessary support for traders to place their buy orders. However, if this area is breached, it will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in and support the stock, which in turn will spur additional downward momentum.Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Exxon's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $92.50 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to step in and add to the position.
- Trading Idea: Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Buying the Dip on Exxon?
- Exxon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Reference Points for Exxon
- Exxon Is Moving Above Resistance
- How to Play the Building Momentum in Exxon
- Citadel Announces Commencement Of Drilling At Rancho Grande And New Acreage Acquisition
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on ExxonMobil, Toyota Motors, Automatic Data Processing, Allstate, and LDK Solar
Related Partner Headlines
- Oil-Stock Rally Is an Opportunity to Sell - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Energy Sector Recap: Exxon Mobile Reports Decline In Production (XOM, EOG, UPL, KOG, CHK) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM): Today's Featured Energy Laggard - TheStreet.com
- How Much Oil And Gas Will Iraq Produce? (XOM, E, BP, RDS.A) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil's Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- ExxonMobil Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Energy Politics Boils Down to Oil and Taxes - TheStreet.com
- The Double-Digit Dividend Increases And Decreases Of The Past Year (XOM, CVX, IP, WAG) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
China Zenix Auto International Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter of 2013
Book Of Mormon Battles Itself For Highest Theater Ticket Sales, Learn The Unexpected Winner
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Named the 2013 Life Science Firm of the Year by the Tech Council of Maryland
Voyance and ASCA Announce Strategic Partnership to Better the ASC Industry
LuxPennyVacations.com Announces New May Cabo Hotel Packges
VegasHotelEscapes.com Announces Special Vegas Packages For Memorial Day Weekend
Quinceanera.com Expo and Fashion Show Connects Quinceañeras and their Families with Various Party Planning Services
Cigar Advisor Publishes New Indy 500 Photo Essay and More