Is Verizon Setting for a Break Out?
Published on Thursday, 27 December 2012 05:44 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, December 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - Verizon Communications, Inc. (NYSE:VZ) closed the trading day at $43.45, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $43.83 and $42.84 respectively. Verizon's price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) is an integrated telecommunications company that provides wire line voice and data services, wireless services, Internet services, and published directory information. The Company also provides network services for the federal government. Verizon is the owner of the largest wireless network, with more subscribers in the U.S. Verizon was founded in 1983 and is based in New York, New York.
Verizon seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in Verizon and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $43.83. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $42.84 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for Verizon.
- Buying the Dip on General Electric?
- General Electric Is in a Very Tight Range
- How to Play the Building Momentum in General Electric
- Will General Electric recover?
- General Electric Is Between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- NFL, Under Armour and GE Seek Ideas to Accelerate Concussion Research, Prevention, Diagnosis & Treatment
- General Electric Broke Support
- Is General Electric Setting for a Break Out?
- Is General Electric Breaking Down?
- Is General Electric Setting up for a Break Out?
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines