Is Hess Setting for a Break Out?
Published on Tuesday, 01 January 2013 08:08 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) closed the trading day at $51.28, near its 50 day and 200 day moving averages set at $51.75 and $50.61 respectively. Hess' price action placed the stock above the 200 day moving average but below its 50 day moving average, a setup that signals a possible break out.
Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) is a global integrated energy company based in New York, NY. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The company operates in two segments, Exploration and Production and Marketing and Refining.
Hess seems to be setting up for a tight range between the 200 day moving average as support and the 50 day moving average serving as resistance.
A tiered approach, appears to be the best strategy to maximize possible movements in the stock, as traders could establish a small position in Hess and wait for the stock to break out above its 50 day moving average at $51.75. Then they could add to the position as momentum builds with the breakout. On the flip side, if support being referenced at the 200 day moving average set at $50.61 breaks, it could signal further downside pressure for Hess.
- Hess Is Approaching its 50 Day Moving Average
- Hess Is Dipping Below Support
- Is Hess Waiting for a Break Out?
- Hess Broke Support
- Is Hess Close to Support?
- Is Hess Expecting Resistance Soon?
- Trading Idea: Is Hess Breaking Down?
- Hess is Near a Key Support Area
- Trading the Setup In Hess
- Is Hess Setting up for a Break Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Hess Corp Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (HES) - TheStreet.com
- Hess Explores Sale of Interests in Russia - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Reiterates Underperform Rating, Raises PT on Hess Corp. - Benzinga
- Hess Third Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- Brent Could Break $109 on U.S. Jobs Data - Benzinga
- Hess Corp Stock Downgraded (HES) - TheStreet.com
- Hess Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Hess to Sell Beryl Assets to Royal Dutch Shell for $525M - Benzinga
- Hess Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (HES) - TheStreet.com
- Playing an Undervalued Energy Name - TheStreet.com
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Near 50 Day - Stocks Trading Above
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Above 50 and Below The 200
Candlesticks – Doji Close
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Aegon to Provide Update on its Strategic Transformation and Progress Toward its 2015 Targets
Netflix To Launch In The Netherlands In Late 2013
Live Nation Entertainment Acquires Majority Stake in BDG Music
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Florence-Muscle Shoals
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Tuscaloosa
AT&T 4G LTE Expands In Logan
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Gallup
AT&T 4G LTE Expands In Providence, Kent Counties