Is JP Morgan Breaking Out?
Published on Thursday, 03 January 2013 07:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) closed the session at $44.66 just above calculated resistance at $44.54. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals. JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender, was founded in 1823 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $38.83 and resistance at $44.54. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring JP Morgan's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that JP Morgan is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $44.54 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- KeyCorp Reports 2013 Dodd-Frank Act Mid-Cycle Stress Test Results
- KeyCorp To Present At The Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- Randy Paine Named President Of KeyBanc Capital Markets
- KeyCorp Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
- KeyCorp Closes On Sale Of Victory Capital Management And Affiliate
- KeyCorp Reports Second Quarter 2013 Net Income of $193 Million, or $.21 Per Common Share
- KeyCorp Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend Of Five And One Half Cents
- KeyBank Selected To Pilot U.S. Global Business Solutions Initiative To Increase Small Business Exports
- Organic Growth, Not Merger and Acquisitions, is Driving Middle Market Expansion
- KeyCorp Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines