Is Alcoa Breaking Out?
Published on Tuesday, 08 January 2013 05:36 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA) closed the session at $9.10 just above calculated resistance at $8.91. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
Alcoa Inc. (NYSE:AA) produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. Its products are used in aircraft, automobiles, commercial transportation, building and construction, oil and gas, defense, and other industrial applications. Alcoa was founded in 1888 and serves customers worldwide.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $7.98 and resistance at $8.91. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Alcoa's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Alcoa is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $8.91 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- 'Unusual Event' Declared and Ended at Susquehanna Nuclear Plant
- PPL's Presentation to be Webcast from Barclays Conference
- Court Ruling Removes Final Hurdle for Susquehanna-Roseland Line Construction
- PPL to Pay Quarterly Stock Dividend Oct. 1
- Power Line Construction Set to Begin in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- PPL Presentation at Goldman Sachs Conference Aug. 8 to Be Webcast
- PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on Second-Quarter 2013 Results
- Operators Reconnect Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna to Power Grid After Completing Valve Repair
- Unit 1 at Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant Disconnected from Grid for Valve Repair
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines