Is Altera Closing in to Resistance?
Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 07:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 9th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $36.03. The stock ended the trading session at just $34.51, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR) designs, manufactures, and markets programmable logic devices and associated development tools. The Company's products, include a variety of programmable logic devices and hardcopy application-specific integrated circuits. Altera serves customers primarily in the communications, computer and storage, industrial, and consumer sectors
Altera's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $30.89 and by the resistance level at $36.03; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Altera. However, as the stock pulls back towards $30.89 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $36.03 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- 'Unusual Event' Declared and Ended at Susquehanna Nuclear Plant
- PPL's Presentation to be Webcast from Barclays Conference
- Court Ruling Removes Final Hurdle for Susquehanna-Roseland Line Construction
- PPL to Pay Quarterly Stock Dividend Oct. 1
- Power Line Construction Set to Begin in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- PPL Presentation at Goldman Sachs Conference Aug. 8 to Be Webcast
- PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on Second-Quarter 2013 Results
- Operators Reconnect Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna to Power Grid After Completing Valve Repair
- Unit 1 at Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant Disconnected from Grid for Valve Repair
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines