Google Is Moving Above Resistance
Published on Friday, 11 January 2013 08:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) closed the session at $741.48 just above calculated resistance at $741.47. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. Its automated search technology helps users to obtain instant access to relevant information from its online index. The company provides targeted advertising and Internet search solutions, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $696.00 and resistance at $741.47. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Google's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Google is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $741.47 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Pull Back Expected: Google
- Trading Idea: Is Google Breaking Out?
- Google Broke Resistance
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Google
- Google Is Approaching its 50 Day Moving Average
- Key Levels for Google
- Is Google Closing in to Support?
- Is Google Waiting for a Break Out?
- The Range Is Tightening in Google
Related Partner Headlines
- Google Asks 'Which Results Do You Prefer?' - TheStreet.com
- The Digital Skeptic: Google Can Even Fail Seeking Its Own Content - TheStreet.com
- Microsoft: Don't Trust Anyone Over 40 - TheStreet.com
- HTC Announces Verizon Droid DNA Superphone - TheStreet.com
- Benzinga's M&A Chatter for Tuesday November 13, 2012 - Benzinga
- Which University Spawned the Most Entrepreneurs? - Benzinga
- Kayak and Groupon: A Tale of Two Web Sites - TheStreet.com
- Google Inc. (GOOG): Today's Featured Internet Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Bram Stoker and the Google Doodle - TheStreet.com
- Google Offers Free Mobile Internet Access to Emerging Markets - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
UMC Establishes its Specialty Technology Center of Excellence in Singapore
ReneSola Obtains JET Certification for Japan Market
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Outer Banks
ADW Capital Partners, L.P. Seeks Strategic Sale of Company to Maximize Shareholder Value
Comstock Mining's Higher Production, Stronger Balance Sheet, Prompts Early Repayment Of Loan
Atmel Confirms Appointment of Steve Skaggs as Permanent Chief Financial Officer
Ford Increases North American Capacity by 200,000 Units and Reduces Summer Shutdown to Meet Surging Demand
First Installment of Lincoln 'Hello, Again' Program Earns Three Industry Awards