Is Valero Breaking Out?
Published on Monday, 21 January 2013 07:20 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) closed the session at $36.82 just above calculated resistance at $35.66. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) is an independent petroleum refining and marketing company that owns and operates refineries in the United States, Canada, and Aruba. The Company produces conventional gasolines, distillates, jet fuel, asphalt, and a series of petrochemicals and lubricants.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $28.56 and resistance at $35.66. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Valero's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Valero is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $35.66 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- CenturyLink wins FCC cloud contract
- Savvis Adds Aquis Exchange to Global Network of Venues
- CenturyLink gives Seahawks fans the ultimate home seat advantage
- Outdated video retransmission rules inhibit pay TV competition, hurt consumers
- SIX Financial Information Expands Hosting Presence with Savvis
- CenturyLink to Participate in Analyst Conference
- CenturyLink Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Is CenturyLink Close to Support?
- Savvis and VMware to expand VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ locations and deliver complementary hybrid cloud solutions
- CenturyLink Broke Support
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines