Trading Idea: What to Expect as Exxon Breaks Resistance
Published on Monday, 21 January 2013 07:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 21st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE:XOM) closed the session at $90.20 just above calculated resistance at $89.09. The stock moved to what appears to be a higher range, spurring attention from momentum buyers.
Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses globally. The Company's operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals. The biggest U.S. energy producer was founded in 1870 and is based in Irving, TX.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $84.70 and resistance at $89.09. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Exxon's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Exxon is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $89.09 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Trading Idea: Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- Buying the Dip on Exxon?
- Exxon Is Near to the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- Is Exxon Breaking Out?
- Reference Points for Exxon
- Exxon Is Moving Above Resistance
- How to Play the Building Momentum in Exxon
- Citadel Announces Commencement Of Drilling At Rancho Grande And New Acreage Acquisition
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on ExxonMobil, Toyota Motors, Automatic Data Processing, Allstate, and LDK Solar
Related Partner Headlines
- Oil-Stock Rally Is an Opportunity to Sell - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Energy Sector Recap: Exxon Mobile Reports Decline In Production (XOM, EOG, UPL, KOG, CHK) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM): Today's Featured Energy Laggard - TheStreet.com
- How Much Oil And Gas Will Iraq Produce? (XOM, E, BP, RDS.A) - Investopedia
- Exxon Mobil Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (XOM) - TheStreet.com
- Exxon Mobil's Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- ExxonMobil Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Energy Politics Boils Down to Oil and Taxes - TheStreet.com
- The Double-Digit Dividend Increases And Decreases Of The Past Year (XOM, CVX, IP, WAG) - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Supermicro® Server Platforms use NVIDIA GRID™ Technology to Deliver Graphics-Accelerated Performance to Virtual Desktops
Synopsys Plans Full Slate of Special Events at DAC 2013
WANTED Technologies Reports a 19% Increase in Revenues and Record Net Income of $372,000 for the Third Quarter
UrtheCast and Longford Energy Inc. Announce TSX Conditional Listing Approval
Cambrex To Present At Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
TSX Delisting Review - Rockex Mining Corporation (Symbol: RXM)
US Precious Metals, Inc. (USPR) Enters into Agreement with Mesa Acquisitions/Alba Petroleos to Explore and Develop USPR's Mexican Property.
Lincoln National Corporation's Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.12 per Share and Calls for the Redemption of All Outstanding $3.00 Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock, Series A