Trading Idea: Is Marvell Breaking Out?
Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 06:32 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) closed the session at $9.31 just above calculated resistance at $8.85. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company offers products that provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $6.98 and resistance at $8.85. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Marvell's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Marvell is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $8.85 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Apache To Sell Selected Canadian Oil And Gas Assets For $112 Million In Two Transactions
- Broadcom - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Top Performing Dow Component: United Technologies
- Apache Donates 1 Millionth Tree For Black Bear Habitat
- Intel Is Close to Important Technical Levels
- Oando Energy Resources Provides an Update on the ConocoPhillips Acquisition
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UTX, TRV, PG
- Sector Mid-Day Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
- Intel Is Moving Above Resistance
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: RBCN, POWI, CRUS
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines