Is GameStop Closing in to Support?
Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 07:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of GameStop Corporation (NYSE:GME) ended the trading session close to calculated support at $22.30, a level that will raise the attention of traders looking for an entry point.
GameStop's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $22.30 and by the resistance level at $23.77. This range could be used as a reference by traders planning their next move. The area where buyer interest might materialize is defined as calculated support. Stocks trading near support might see upside if it can successfully hold the technical level. However, this area if breached will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in to support it.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to GameStop's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $23.77 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to add to the position.
Shares of GameStop Corporation closed at $23.15 in the prior trading session.GameStop Corporation (NYSE:GME) operates specialty electronic game and PC entertainment software stores throughout the United States, Australia, Canada and Europe. The Company stores sell new and used video game hardware, video game software and accessories
- GameStop Is Near Resistance
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Sony, Campbell Soup, Ross Stores, Tesla, and GameStop
- GameStop near Support
- Is GameStop Breaking Out?
- How to Play the Building Momentum in GameStop
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of GameStop
- Approaching Resistance: GameStop
- Is GameStop Reversing?
- GameStop Broke Resistance
- Bulls taking Control of GameStop?
Related Partner Headlines
- Social Market Analytics Looks at Market Sentiment for GameStop - Benzinga
- GameStop Corp Stock Downgraded (GME) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Ascendiant Capital Markets Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on GameStop - Benzinga
- An Election-Proof Strategy - TheStreet.com
- GameStop Corp Stock Upgraded (GME) - TheStreet.com
- GameStop Corp (GME): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- Sony Announces New PlayStation Hardware - Benzinga
- GameStop Corp (GME): Today's Featured Retail Winner - TheStreet.com
- Wikipad Coming To GameStop October 31, 2012 - Benzinga
- GameStop Announces Buy In-Store, Redeem Online eGuides - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Elbit Imaging Announces the Court Decision with Respect to Filing of Plan of Arrangement with the Israeli Court
Amphenol Aerospace High Speed Solutions Advances ARINC 801 Fiber Optic Connector Options for Military and Commercial Aerospace Applications
Eltek Ltd. Sets Earnings Release Date and Conference Call for First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
SAP Commits to Driving Skills Development and Job Creation in Africa
LIONSGATE ACHIEVES RECORD SALES AT 2013 CANNES MARKET WITH SLATE OF NINE FILMS LED BY MOCKINGJAY 1 & 2, STEP UP 5 AND THE LAST WITCH HUNTER
Royal Dutch Shell Plc First Quarter 2013 Scrip Dividend Programme Reference Share Price
UMC Establishes its Specialty Technology Center of Excellence in Singapore
ReneSola Obtains JET Certification for Japan Market