Is Vmware Breaking Out?
Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 06:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) closed the session at $99.00 just above calculated resistance at $98.56. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) provides virtualization solutions for the desktop computer and data centers. Its solution products address a range of IT problems, which include cost and operational inefficiencies, business continuity, software lifecycle management and desktop management.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $91.90 and resistance at $98.56. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Vmware's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Vmware is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $98.56 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines