Is Valero Closing in to Resistance?
Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 08:24 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 28th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $38.38. The stock ended the trading session at just $38.10, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) is an independent petroleum refining and marketing company that owns and operates refineries in the United States, Canada, and Aruba. The Company produces conventional gasolines, distillates, jet fuel, asphalt, and a series of petrochemicals and lubricants.
Valero's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $28.56 and by the resistance level at $38.38; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Valero. However, as the stock pulls back towards $28.56 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $38.38 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- 'Unusual Event' Declared and Ended at Susquehanna Nuclear Plant
- PPL's Presentation to be Webcast from Barclays Conference
- Court Ruling Removes Final Hurdle for Susquehanna-Roseland Line Construction
- PPL to Pay Quarterly Stock Dividend Oct. 1
- Power Line Construction Set to Begin in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
- PPL Presentation at Goldman Sachs Conference Aug. 8 to Be Webcast
- PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
- PPL Corporation to Conduct Webcast on Second-Quarter 2013 Results
- Operators Reconnect Unit 1 at PPL Susquehanna to Power Grid After Completing Valve Repair
- Unit 1 at Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant Disconnected from Grid for Valve Repair
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines