Is Amgen Waiting for a Break Out?
Published on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 06:52 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, January 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) ended the trading session at $85.59, near its 50 day moving average set at $87.01. Amgen's price action placed the stock below this important level, which makes it difficult to be bought, as the stock will certainly face resistance as it approaches its 50 day moving average.
Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on cellular and molecular biology. The company concentrates on the areas of hematology, cancer, infectious disease, endocrinology, neurobiology, and inflammation.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $81.56 and resistance at $89.58. These levels will be closely monitored, as they provide great insight into the latest price dynamics.
If traders want to establish a position in Amgen, given the resistance expected as the stock approaches its 50 day moving average, a trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important technical level. After the breakout, the 50 day moving average could be used as support going forward. However, until the break materializes, buying the stock is basically a gamble with 50-50 chance.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines