Trading Idea: What to Expect with Barrick Gold Breaking Support
Published on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 07:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX) closed the trading session at $32.35 below calculated support at $32.44. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX) is an international gold company with operating mines and development projects in the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, and Africa.
Barrick Gold's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $32.44 and resistance at $35.06; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $32.44 will remain in focus as Barrick Gold's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Barrick Gold can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $32.44. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- Barrick Gold Is Close to Resistance
- Barrick Gold Broke Resistance
- Barrick Gold Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as Barrick Gold Breaks Resistance
- Trading Idea: Is Barrick Gold Breaking Out?
- Barrick Gold Is Close to Resistance
- Trading Idea: Is Barrick Gold close to Support?
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Chevron, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Sprint Nextel, and Barrick Gold
- Is Barrick Gold Closing in to Support?
- Barrick Gold Waiting for a Bounce
Related Partner Headlines
- Gold Prices Rise Above the Fiscal Cliff - TheStreet.com
- Barrick Gold Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ABX) - TheStreet.com
- Gold Prices Sink on Fiscal Cliff Fears - TheStreet.com
- Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Gold Prices Rise Ahead of Fed Minutes - TheStreet.com
- Gold Prices Dip as Eurozone Hesitates - TheStreet.com
- Gold Prices Rise as Dollar Retreats - TheStreet.com
- Gold Prices Rise as Safe-Haven Play - TheStreet.com
- Gold Prices Rise as Monetary Policy Grabs Spotlight - TheStreet.com
- 4 Stocks Pushing The Metals & Mining Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Tibet Travel Agency TCTS Offers Services for Family Tours of Tibet
fishbat Says The NBA Second Annual Social Media Awards Will Be A Slam Dunk
Renowned Rim Fitments Provider SizeItUp Launched Database Integrations for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis
Builder of New Townhomes in Orange County Says the Housing Recovery is Stimulating the Economy
TheDigest.com Announces the Top 4 Ways That a Company Can Future-Proof Their Business by Using VoIP
Debt Collection Expert Discusses the Facts About Kids Using Credit Cards
TheBeautyPlace.com Features the Two New Best-Selling Hairloss Products: Bosley Professional Strength and Nioxin Systems
Internet Marketing Agency Ajax Union Announces Release of Its Event Marketing Case Study