Trading Idea: - Is Marvell close to Resistance?
Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 08:00 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $9.60. The stock ended the trading session at just $9.46, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL) designs, develops, and markets integrated circuits for communications-related markets. The Company offers products that provide the interface between analog signals and the digital information used in computing and communications systems.
Marvell's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $6.98 and by the resistance level at $9.60; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Marvell. However, as the stock pulls back towards $6.98 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $9.60 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Semis Outperfomed the S&P 500 :MU, MRVL, CRUS
- Is Marvell Breaking Out?
- Sector Wrap - Semis Lower: WFR, AMD, MRVL
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Marvell
- Trading Idea: - Is Marvell close to Resistance?
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :AMD, VECO, RBCN
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: AMD, CREE, CRUS
- NASDAQ 100 Round Up - Higher: STX, EXPD, GILD
- Marvell Broke Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Jefferies & Company Reiterates Hold Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group Ltd. - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Cuts PT to $10 on Marvell Technology Group; Mobile Competition - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Marvell Technology Group - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Lowers PT to $11 on Marvell Technology Group on Lower Estimates Ahead - Benzinga
- Benzinga Mid-Afternoon Market Update - Benzinga
- Marvell Technology Group Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (MRVL) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Neutral on Pre-Announcement - Benzinga
- UPDATE: ACI Research Upgrades Marvell Technology Group to Hold on Windows 8 Transition - Benzinga
- Semiconductors Stocks, Including NXP, Making Big Moves on October 19, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: FBR Capital Markets Downgrades Marvell Technology Group to Market Perform on Risks - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,372.54 Trade time:11:36AM EDT Value change:▲18.14 (0.12%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,670.61 Trade time:11:36AM EDT Value change:▲3.14 (0.19%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,507.02 Trade time:11:36AM EDT Value change:▲8.05 (0.23%)
In The Wires
United Technologies Releases Study by the Rhodium Group on Economic and Commercial Power of Investing in Energy Efficient Buildings
Hugoton Royalty Trust Declares May Cash Distribution
Marine Petroleum Trust Announces Second Quarter Cash Distribution
Honeywell Turbocharges The Honda Amaze
Peapack-Gladstone Bank Hires Team of Princeton Private Bankers
Wesleyan Assurance Society Selects Sapiens ALIS as its Strategic New Business Administration Platform
Paramount Pictures And Skydance Productions' Star Trek Into Darkness™ Opens Strong In IMAX® 3D Theatres, Grossing $13.6 Million Domestically
Cross Timbers Royalty Trust Declares May Cash Distribution