Petrobras Broke Support
Published on Friday, 22 February 2013 07:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, February 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (NYSE:PBR) closed the trading session at $15.19 below calculated support at $15.74. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (NYSE:PBR) also known as Petrobras, explores for and produces oil and natural gas. The Company refines, markets, and supplies oil products. The Company is based in Brazil and operates in South America and elsewhere around the world.
Petrobras' stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $15.74 and resistance at $20.19; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $15.74 will remain in focus as Petrobras' price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in Petrobras can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $15.74. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Directors of TripAdvisor Inc.
- The 10 Best Cities for Families
- TripAdvisor Global Study Reveals Americans Are Planning To Travel More Domestically But Steady Their Spending In 2014
- Deep Nishar and Spencer Rascoff Join TripAdvisor's Board of Directors
- TripAdvisor to Present at the UBS Best of Americas Conference
- Marc Charron Appointed President Of TripAdvisor For Business
- Where to Find the Best Cruise Deals This Fall
- Tripadvisor Survey Reveals Labor Day Travel Plans Are Up Six Percent This Year
- TripAdvisor Unleashes The Top 10 Pet-Friendly Properties In The U.S.
- TripAdvisor to Participate in the 33rd Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference
Related Partner Headlines