Is Valero Breaking Out?
Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 09:16 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) closed the session at $48.51 just above calculated resistance at $47.85. The stock effectively broke out and grasped the attention of momentum traders, which could eventually push the stock to a different trading range.
Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) is an independent petroleum refining and marketing company that owns and operates refineries in the United States, Canada, and Aruba. The Company produces conventional gasolines, distillates, jet fuel, asphalt, and a series of petrochemicals and lubricants.
The stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $43.51 and resistance at $47.85. Given that this range was broken, traders will be closely monitoring Valero's price action to gather clues on the future direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous resistance becomes support, as the new range gets defined. However, given that Valero is still near the broken resistance level, traders will be focusing on the $47.85 level to see if the stock holds the breakout without rolling over.
- Hertz Partners With 'Discover The World Marketing' To Grow Outbound Car Rentals From Saudi, Bahrain
- Hertz Global Sale Returns With Up To 33% Off Rentals
- Hertz Expands Firefly Brand Into US
- Hertz Announces New Global Partnership With Relais & Chateaux
- Hertz Re-Designs And Reinvents On-Site Car Rental Experience
- Hertz Introduces BMWs To New Zealand Fleet
- The No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang and Driver Brad Keselowski Dominate Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International
- Hertz Expands Mobile Wi-Fi Service In Europe
- Penske's No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang Debuts At Road Course
- Hertz Extends Adrenaline Collection To Australia With Toyota 86
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines