Is HSBC Closing in to Support?
Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 09:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) ended the trading session close to calculated support at $53.90, a level that will raise the attention of traders looking for an entry point.
HSBC's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $53.90 and by the resistance level at $57.37. This range could be used as a reference by traders planning their next move. The area where buyer interest might materialize is defined as calculated support. Stocks trading near support might see upside if it can successfully hold the technical level. However, this area if breached will signal participants that the stock failed to entice buyers to step in to support it.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to HSBC's price action, and establish it as close to support as possible, but only after buying materializes. Traders should understand that the resistance point at $57.37 might limit their upside, however, if the stock breaks resistance, it could be a good point to add to the position.
Shares of HSBC Holdings plc closed at $53.95 in the prior trading session.HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) is the holding company for the HSBC Group. The Financial firm provides a variety of international banking and financial services, including retail and corporate banking, trade, trusteeship, securities, custody, capital markets, treasury, private and investment banking, and insurance. The Group is headquartered in London and operates worldwide. The firm is the largest lender in Europe and one of the largest banking institutions worldwide, with the most emerging markets exposure.
- Is HSBC Breaking Out?
- Approaching Resistance: HSBC
- HSBC Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Trading Idea: Is HSBC Breaking Out?
- HSBC Is Close to Resistance
- HSBC Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
- HSBC Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- HSBC Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- Is HSBC Expecting Resistance Soon?
- HSBC is Near a Key Support Area
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: HSBC Q3 Net Profit Drops 52% - Benzinga
- Justice Department Seeks Cooperation At UBS Over LIBOR Probe - Benzinga
- How to Shakedown a Bank for Fun and Profit: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Sirius Posts Higher-than-Expected Quarterly Revenue: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- Report Charges HSBC With Illicit Transactions: Hot Trends - TheStreet.com
- HSBC Beats Estimates with 26% Profit Rise - Benzinga
- HSBC Receives $914 Million for General Insurance Business - Benzinga
- UPDATE: HSBC sells general insurance business for $914 mln - Benzinga
- HSBC Agrees To Sell General Insurance Business For $914M - Benzinga
- HSBC Down 4.6% Following 2011 Earnings Announcement - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Comstock Mining's Higher Production, Stronger Balance Sheet, Prompts Early Repayment Of Loan
Atmel Confirms Appointment of Steve Skaggs as Permanent Chief Financial Officer
Ford Increases North American Capacity by 200,000 Units and Reduces Summer Shutdown to Meet Surging Demand
First Installment of Lincoln 'Hello, Again' Program Earns Three Industry Awards
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Ventura-Oxnard
AT&T Remains Committed To The Jersey Shore
AT&T 4G LTE Available In Anderson
Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt LLP Adds a New Partner