Trading Idea: Is eBay Breaking Down?
Published on Friday, 08 March 2013 08:40 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, March 8th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) closed the trading session at $52.98 below calculated support at $53.12. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) operates an online auction community. The service is used to buy and sell products and services such as coins, collectibles, computers, memorabilia, stamps and toys, and sporting tickets. eBay also offers, through its subsidiary PayPal, secure online payment services.
eBay's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $53.12 and resistance at $56.00; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $53.12 will remain in focus as eBay's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in eBay can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $53.12. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- Boeing Flies First 787-9 Dreamliner
- Boeing Announces Montana Site Expansion and 787-10 Work
- Critical Alerts For Micron Technology, Caterpillar, Nike, Seagate Technology, and Humana Released By InvestorsObserver
- Is Apple Breaking Down?
- Boeing Forecasts Growing Need for New Pilots in Asia Pacific Region
- Caterpillar Inc. Group President and Director of Investor Relations to Participate in the Citi 2013 US and European Industrials Conference on September 17; Webcast Available
- Apple is Near a Key Support Area
- Is Apple Close to Probable Support
- Apple Is Near Resistance
- Boeing Forecasts China's Fleet to Triple Over Next 20 Years
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines