Trading Idea: Is US Airways Breaking Down?
Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 06:48 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE:LCC) closed the trading session at $15.74 below calculated support at $16.33. The stock broke down technically, raising concerns as the move might trigger additional selling.
US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE:LCC) is an air carrier that transports passengers, property, and mail. The Company provides regularly scheduled service at airports in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Caribbean, and Latin America. The airline operates with major hubs in Phoenix, Charlotte and Philadelphia.
US Airways' stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $16.33 and resistance at $17.43; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $16.33 will remain in focus as US Airways' price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in US Airways can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $16.33. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- Everest Group Recognizes Cognizant as a Global Leader and Star Performer in Healthcare Payer IT Outsourcing
- Cognizant to Present at Investor Conferences
- Cognizant Selected by CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield to Support Mobile Technology Initiatives
- Saudi Electricity Company Selects Cognizant to Transform Service Delivery and Enhance Customer Satisfaction
- Cognizant Announces Record Results For Second Quarter 2013
- Cognizant to Present at the Pacific Crest 2013 Global Technology Leadership Forum
- BetterInvesting Magazine Releases October Stock To Study And Undervalued Stock Choices For Investors' Informational And Educational Use
- Segmented Consumer Experience and Digital Wallet Capabilities Hold Keys to the Future of Mobile Banking, Finds Cognizant and Monitise Study
- XL Group and Cognizant Team Up to Transform Risk Consulting Operations
- Cognizant Schedules Second-Quarter 2013 Earnings Release and Conference Call
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines