Applied Materials Is in a Very Tight Range
Published on Thursday, 04 April 2013 07:08 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 4th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT) closed the trading session at $13.15 with its price action in a very tight range, given that calculated support is set at $12.80 and the calculated resistance is set at $13.54.
Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT) provides nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, solar, and related industries worldwide. The company provides a range of manufacturing equipment used to fabricate semiconductor chips or integrated circuits. Applied Materials' customers include semiconductor wafer and integrated circuit manufacturers, flat panel liquid crystal displays, solar cells, and other electronic devices manufacturers.
Applied Materials' stock price action indicates that both sellers and buyers are materializing very close to each other. This signals an area where momentum is building, since the stock can resolve by breaking out of the developing tight range.
Traders wanting to establish a position should pay close attention to Applied Materials' price action, as any movement outside its predefined range of $12.80 and $13.54 could grasp the attention of momentum buyers that look for a big movement in the price of the stock. Traders need to be aware that tight range resolution works both ways, hence, a move below support could spark above the average selling. A tiered approach could be the best way to start a position; enter into it while the stock is in the tight range, and then add to this position as it breaks and closes above resistance.
- ManpowerGroup Named to 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- ManpowerGroup: Bridging Global Skills Gaps Hinges on Driving Youth Employability
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Recognized as a Top Performer in Customer Loyalty Survey
- ManpowerGroup: Asian Companies Must Prioritize Leadership Development
- ManpowerGroup Solutions' Managed Service Provider TAPFIN Launches World's First Contingent Workforce Index
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Reports Improved Year-End Hiring Plans in U.S., Strongest Since Q4 2007
- Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Most Global Employers to Adopt Wait-and-See Approach to Hiring for Rest of Year
- Align Flexible Workforce Models with Business Strategy to Thrive in Economic Uncertainty, ManpowerGroup Says, As Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.3%
- ManpowerGroup's Exemplary Workplace Practices Recognized for Fourth Consecutive Year
- ManpowerGroup on the Best Practices in Recruitment Process Outsourcing
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines