Is HSBC Waiting for a Break Out?
Published on Monday, 15 April 2013 09:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 15th (TradersHuddle.com) - HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) ended the trading session at $53.07, near its 50 day moving average set at $54.56. HSBC's price action placed the stock below this important level, which makes it difficult to be bought, as the stock will certainly face resistance as it approaches its 50 day moving average.
HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC) is the holding company for the HSBC Group. The Financial firm provides a variety of international banking and financial services, including retail and corporate banking, trade, trusteeship, securities, custody, capital markets, treasury, private and investment banking, and insurance. The Group is headquartered in London and operates worldwide. The firm is the largest lender in Europe and one of the largest banking institutions worldwide, with the most emerging markets exposure.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $52.43 and resistance at $57.37. These levels will be closely monitored, as they provide great insight into the latest price dynamics.
If traders want to establish a position in HSBC, given the resistance expected as the stock approaches its 50 day moving average, a trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important technical level. After the breakout, the 50 day moving average could be used as support going forward. However, until the break materializes, buying the stock is basically a gamble with 50-50 chance.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines