Trading Idea: - Is Applied Materials close to Resistance?
Published on Thursday, 25 April 2013 07:28 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, April 25th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $13.97. The stock ended the trading session at just $13.63, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT) provides nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display, solar, and related industries worldwide. The company provides a range of manufacturing equipment used to fabricate semiconductor chips or integrated circuits. Applied Materials' customers include semiconductor wafer and integrated circuit manufacturers, flat panel liquid crystal displays, solar cells, and other electronic devices manufacturers.
Applied Materials' stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $12.65 and by the resistance level at $13.97; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Applied Materials. However, as the stock pulls back towards $12.65 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $13.97 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Announce Preliminary Results of Merger Consideration Elections by Met-Pro Shareholders
- CECO Environmental Corp. and Met-Pro Corporation Anticipate Closing Mergers between August 27-29, Set Merger Consideration Election Deadline
- CECO Environmental Reports Second Quarter and Six Month 2013 Results
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces Memorandum of Understanding as to Settlement of Shareholder Litigation Relating to CECO Merger
- Met-Pro Corporation Announces First Quarter Financial Results