IMAX Is Dipping Below Support
Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 09:56 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 1st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Imax Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) closed the trading session at $25.53 below calculated support at $25.76. The stock broke long setups, prompting the bulls to worry that this move might give the bears the upper hand.
Imax Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) specializes in motion picture technologies and large-format film presentations. The company designs and manufactures projection and sound systems for large-screen theaters and designs custom attractions, including motion simulation theaters, for both large-scale attractions and smaller venues.
IMAX's stock was trading in a well defined range with support at $25.76 and resistance at $27.97; given that this range was broken traders will be closely monitoring the stock's price action for clues of direction.
From a technical perspective, it can be expected that previous support becomes resistance, as the new range gets defined. However, $25.76 will remain in focus as IMAX's price action places the stock near the broken support. Traders will be waiting to see if it can bounce back and return to its previous range.
Traders wanting to establish a short position in IMAX can do so if the stock breaks the intraday low, or if the stock bounces back and selling materializes again at previous support of $25.76. However, if traders want to build a long position, the best entry point to do so is when the price action takes the stock back to calculated support.
- KeyCorp Reports 2013 Dodd-Frank Act Mid-Cycle Stress Test Results
- KeyCorp To Present At The Barclays Global Financial Services Conference
- Randy Paine Named President Of KeyBanc Capital Markets
- KeyCorp Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
- KeyCorp Closes On Sale Of Victory Capital Management And Affiliate
- KeyCorp Reports Second Quarter 2013 Net Income of $193 Million, or $.21 Per Common Share
- KeyCorp Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend Of Five And One Half Cents
- KeyBank Selected To Pilot U.S. Global Business Solutions Initiative To Increase Small Business Exports
- Organic Growth, Not Merger and Acquisitions, is Driving Middle Market Expansion
- KeyCorp Second Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Date And Conference Call
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines