Approaching Resistance: Valero
Published on Monday, 06 May 2013 08:36 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, May 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) are trading very close to calculated resistance at $39.23. The stock ended the trading session at just $37.59, which is near levels that make it difficult to buy or start a position.
Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) is an independent petroleum refining and marketing company that owns and operates refineries in the United States, Canada, and Aruba. The Company produces conventional gasolines, distillates, jet fuel, asphalt, and a series of petrochemicals and lubricants.
Valero's stock range is defined by its calculated support defined at $35.29 and by the resistance level at $39.23; the stock is clearly over-extended from support, making it harder for participants to establish fresh longs.
Traders don't have a clear entry point for Valero. However, as the stock pulls back towards $35.29 it will definitely provide a reference point to establish a trade. On the other hand, if the stock breaks above its resistance level at $39.23 then traders will get an opportunity to enter the stock as it moves to a higher range.
- Microsoft announces quarterly dividend increase and share repurchase program
- Shell Brazil chooses Windows Phone to lower costs and increase employee productivity
- Banks put customers first with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Bing.com and FOX News team up to bring real-time online polling to nightly news; Bing Pulse featured on "Special Report with Bret Baier"
- Industry partners showcase new financial services apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft launches worldwide Office 365 donation program for nonprofits
- InvestorsObserver releases comments on Microsoft, Toyota, Kroger, Sears Holdings, and Men's Wearhouse
- Microsoft launches Xbox Music across iOS and Android, adds free streaming on the Web
- NI Technology Research Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Finisar, Microsoft and Nokia
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business, license Nokia's patents and mapping services
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines