New York, May 7th (TradersHuddle.com) - Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) ended the trading session at $38.38, near its 50 day moving average set at $39.27. Valero's price action placed the stock below this important level, which makes it difficult to be bought, as the stock will certainly face resistance as it approaches its 50 day moving average.
Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO) is an independent petroleum refining and marketing company that owns and operates refineries in the United States, Canada, and Aruba. The Company produces conventional gasolines, distillates, jet fuel, asphalt, and a series of petrochemicals and lubricants.
The latest price action range, defined by a peaks and troughs algorithm, placed calculated support at $35.29 and resistance at $39.23. These levels will be closely monitored, as they provide great insight into the latest price dynamics.
If traders want to establish a position in Valero, given the resistance expected as the stock approaches its 50 day moving average, a trade might materialize as the stock manages to break this important technical level. After the breakout, the 50 day moving average could be used as support going forward. However, until the break materializes, buying the stock is basically a gamble with 50-50 chance.
- Buying the Dip on General Electric?
- General Electric Is in a Very Tight Range
- How to Play the Building Momentum in General Electric
- Will General Electric recover?
- General Electric Is Between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- NFL, Under Armour and GE Seek Ideas to Accelerate Concussion Research, Prevention, Diagnosis & Treatment
- General Electric Broke Support
- Is General Electric Setting for a Break Out?
- Is General Electric Breaking Down?
- Is General Electric Setting up for a Break Out?
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines